Spring Term 2!
19 February 2018
Our first ever conference takes place this half term at the end of what is looking to be a very busy and exciting few weeks of training and events.
Here is a summary of what’s happening this half term:
- Late February sees the release of the next issue of our increasingly popular research school newsletter. If you aren’t already signed up to receive this in your inbox, please sign up here: https://blackpool.researchschool.org.uk/about-us/sign-up/
- We will be talking to leaders across Blackpool about the newest EEF guidance report: “Putting Evidence to Work – A School’s Guide to Implementation”. If you haven’t read the report yet, you can download it from here: https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/tools/guidance-reports/
- Monday 26 February: day one of our 3-day training programme looking at the EEF guidance report “Improving Mathematics at Key Stages 2 and 3″. Spaces are now very limited, but if you’re quick you can still sign up here: https://blackpool.researchschool.org.uk/category/events/
- Saturday 3 March: we will be represented at researchED St Albans at Sandringham Research School by Simon Cox, who will be speaking about the EEF maths guidance report. If you’re in the area, you can get tickets here: https://researched.org.uk/event/researched-st-albans/
- Friday 16 March: Day Two of our “Developing Research Leads” training course. This event is restricted to those who took part in Day One of the training.
- Thursday 22 March: the second in our free twilight Evidence Fair series takes place from 4.15pm until 5.30pm, focusing on the sometimes controversial issue of feedback and marking. With teacher workload in the spotlight at the moment, this is one not to miss. We have released some extra tickets for this sold out event, which you can get here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/evidence-fairs-at-blackpool-research-school-tickets-41307127731
- Saturday 24 March: researchED Blackpool, the culmination of months of planning, finally takes place today. We welcome a staggeringly good line-up of speakers to Blackpool for a day of information-sharing and myth busting. We have now completely SOLD OUT – keep watching our Twitter feed @ResearchSchSMCA for details of any extra availability.
- Tuesday 27 March: our on-going Journal Club meets today from 3.45pm until 4.30pm – as usual we look at a research paper and consider its implications for teaching and learning. Watch our blog for further details. Contact email@example.com you would like to join us.
Behind the scenes, we will be continuing our meetings of the EEF working party groups looking at evidence-based practice in mathematics and science: keep watching for news of events and training linked to this.
As always, we are available to support in any way we can the use of evidence-based practice in your school, and can arrange to visit you in your school if needed. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
\Posted on 19 February 2018
Posted in: Blog, News
Tags: Blackpool Research School, Education, EEF, half term, Research, Training, Update